The Company was established
in 1859 by Alfred Charles Cossor following
a period of apprenticeship by the founder as a glass blower.
a high reputation for his skills and the quality of his
products, the founder
was joined by his son Alfred Charles in 1875, and then by
his younger son Frank in 1885.
In 1917 the company moved to Vale Road, London
under the guidance of Frank Cossor, the founder’s
elder son having left the
family business to become the founder of A C Cossor Ltd.,
television and Xray tube manufacturer.
In 1904 the first sphygmomanometer was manufactured
by the company,
using the glass blowing skills to produce the glass manometer.
In 1921 Frank Cossor was joined by his son
Frank Gordon Cossor,
and the company expanded its products to include all types
thermometers, hydrometers and syringes.
Sphygmomanometers became the main product of
the company, with
Adrian Cossor joining the company in 1966, the fourth generation
to do so.
The current range of ACCOSON sphygmomanometers
enjoy an excellent
reputation for their quality and ease of use. A full range
of models is
available with accessories and spare parts backing up the
equipment. The products are manufactured to the accuracy
the current European Standard EN1060-1.
The company is a registered Quality Assured
firm under ISO9001:2000. and
The company moved to new and improved premises
in Harlow Essex in
August 2007 where production and distribution is now carried
More than half of the company’s production is
sold to the export market,
consisting of over seventy countries throughout the world.